Agile Project Management – PRINCE2 Agile
PRINCE2 Agile is supported by an exam and formal certification and delivered by our accredited training providers. As with PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
PRINCE2 Agile combines the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2®. PRINCE2 Agile has been created for those organizations and individuals who use PRINCE2 but recognise the benefits of applying agile methods. It provides guidance on how to practically apply both PRINCE2 and agile, reducing conflict and implementing effectively, allowing you to benefit from the best of both worlds
This is an intensive three-day course leading to the PRINCE2 Agile examination which takes place on the final day.
- Objective testing
- 50 questions each worth one mark
- 30 marks or more required to pass out of 50 questions – 60% pass mark
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 Agile guide only).
As of 1 October 2016, in order to take the PRINCE2 Agile examination, candidates must hold any of the below certifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Who is intended for
PRINCE2 Agile® Online Training Course is intended for those looking to learn about project management to gain the certification needed for a career or just improve on their understanding. This PRINCE2 Agile® Online Training Course is specifically intended for those with busy schedules that require the flexibility to study in their own time.
Existing Project Managers
Aspiring Project Managers
What will I learn?
By the end of the PRINCE2 Agile course you should:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Be able to tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
- Be fully prepared to sit the PRINCE2 Agile examination
The training will cover the following topics:
The Basic Concepts of Agile®
The history of Agile®
Agile® and it’s approaches
Agile® concepts, techniques and behaviours
The purpose of combining PRINCE2 and Agile®
The benefits of PRINCE2 Agile®
The make-up for PRINCE2 Agile®
Eight ‘guidance point’
How PRINCE2 controls can allow Agile® to be used
The six sliders on the Agilometer
The rich communication focus area
The Six Aspects of a project in an Agile®
Using the ‘hexagon’ in relation to the six project performance aspects
What to ‘fix’ and what to ‘flex’ in relation to the six project performance aspects.
Why ‘fix’ and ‘flex’ is good for the customer
Benefits for the individual:
- Accelerate position in the job market and career progression within project and programme management by achieving the new PRINCE2 Agile qualification
- An internationally-recognised qualification, which demonstrate your ability to apply best practice to managing any kind of project – no matter the size or scale
- A broad understanding of all the key agile concepts and how these blends seamlessly into the PRINCE2 methodology
Benefits to the organisation:
- Earlier return on investment and greater efficiency, improved communication by encouraging the use of common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines
- Clear understanding of how agile can govern a project’s delivery, whilst PRINCE2 governs projects as a whole
- Proven processes of PRINCE2 with agile offering greater flexibility.